Queen 80s and Bob Marley
I am writing this blog because of the hunger for music.Since I was knee high I use to listen to music
First it was Elvis Presley ,Jim Reeves then Johnny Cash ,Willie Nelson and later on it was Queen,
U2,Bon Jovi ,Pink Floyd and so on.Like take for instance Queen,there will never be another Freddy
again in this life time.We do all agree on that.
First they asked George Micheal to be the lead singer ,but for some or other reason he did not stay long.The guy that I really liked was Will Young remember the Pop Idol he did great at Party at the palace for the Queens birthday,don't know if you watched it but it was very good.
Lets now do a time warp back to the 80s, does “ I want to break free “ ring a bell,off course it does,
or what about “Its a kind of magic” or “Radio Gagga “ all great songs.I heared a song the other day
where Brayn May sang with the drummer ,it was good but not that good.
I have a younger brother who listens to all the new kind of music like hip hop grunge and so on.
He played me a song and asked if this was cool , I just started laughing at him, and told him he
must listen to this,I played him the same song “ We build the city of rock and roll “this song was a hit in the 80s , can you believe this I asked him, but he did not awnser.So I will say this dear bloggers 80s music changed the world forever.
And so lets talk about Reggae music what comes to mind,what about Robert Nesta Marley better
known as “Bob” I wonder what he would have to say about today music. Can you imagine “ No
woman no cry performed by a rapper,no offence. It would just not do. He also had a great influence
on rising stars of today. Rest in peace Bob Marley we will remember not to rock your boat. I think the best album of him was Legend or was it Exodus. He truly was a legend and will always live in our hearts. We miss you .
Regards
Bennie Harmse
Friday, May 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment